Wednesday, July 2, 2008

You've asked for a blog forever.
Forever has come.


For the inaugural post I'm featuring treasures from Zanzibar. From the most recent trip, I brought back a few of everyone's favorites: clove soap & vanilla beans and spiced coffe [sic]





And a new treasure that is priceless.
From the Indian owned card shop of Gizenga Street, I give you 'I Hate You' cards.

I have one in every variety my friend Peter could find. I sent him shopping one day when he was bored during the four week black out in Zanzibar.


The inside messages are as flowery as the cards would suggest: 'I hate you when you said you will call, and you never called at all.' 'I hate you for hurting me, and taking away my smile.'
And my favorite: 'Life goes through a phase of loving and enjoying every moment; Now life is going through a phase of regretting because of you.'


I've shared the coffe, soap and spices with friends, but I'm holding on to the greeting cards until someone of the XY chromosome pattern does something worthy. Any greeting card with a semi colon in the message is a keeper.

5 comments:

Brett said...

Yay! Praise Jesus, Allah, Buddha, and Flying Spaghetti Monster. This is the best Christmas in July present ever!

bridgmanpottery said...

I want to hear about the Zanzibarian peanut-seller lover man. Lots and Lots. Also about Manny.

Family Nature Blog said...

Bought freakin' time. Just write in your blog more frequently than I write in mine. I'm averaging 1 post every 2+ months.

Malsy (THE Moe of DMOE) said...

YAYYY!! I almost started one for you myself! I HEART those cards!!!! I don't ever want to do anything that would require me to be the recipent of them, but it is tempting nonetheless!!!

Love you and gald you are on "the blog!

Cold Spaghetti said...

Love those cards! They would be the perfect addition to my collection of "scratch and sniff" scented cards for every occasion from Peru. Unfortunately, though, they did not have any for hate. I wonder what that would smell like?